With the success of the Bronson everyone thought that the trusted and loved Nomad was done! However, with an interestingly timed press release, the Nomad is back! Adorned with bigger boots and a tougher attitude, this is no April fools joke, Santa Cruz have created a monster! The new Nomad has been completely redesigned from the ground up. Stepping out from the shadow of over-achieving big brother, the V10, and attention-grabbing younger sibling, the Bronson, the Nomad has received more attention than any middle-child in history!
Santa cruz are pulling no punches with the new Nomad, this bike is built for aggressive shredding! With a 65 degree head angle (2 degrees slacker than the Nomad) it is born to descend, backed up with 165mm rear travel and 27.5″ wheels. With a full carbon frame the weight is a reported 2.8kg (6.2lbs) making it one of the lightest bikes with such a trail smashing attitude!
Now complete with the essential RockShox Pike RCT3 fork and XX1 or X01 drivetrain, it will be high on the desirability list! There’s a few new products in the build kit too, such as the new ENVE M70 wheels and RockShox Monarch Plus Debonair shock, so keep your eyes open for those. Enve and RockShox should have more details to follow soon. The geometry looks right on point too, with a long, low and slack approach, reflecting enduros growing DH style intentions!
- 165mm VPP suspension
- New compact lower link and V10-style upper link
- Full carbon frame and swingarm in S, M, L & XL sizes
- Single-chain-ring-only design
- Internal routing
- 27.5” wheels, with new carbon ENVE M70 option
- RockShox Pike RCT3 Solo Air160mm fork
- RockShox Monarch Plus Debonair or Vivid Air RC2 shock
- USA pricing from $6,599 complete for SRAM X01 build, inc. Reverb Stealth
- $2,999 frame only
- Frame weight from 6.2 lbs (2.8 kg)
- Complete from 27.1 lbs (12.3kg)
- Internal routing made from molded carbon tubes: ensures precise and hassle
- free feeding of rear derailleur and seat post cables.
- 31.6” seat tube: accommodates 150mm Reverb Stealth seat posts.
- Bottle cage mounts within front triangle: works with piggyback shock
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protectors.
- Forged aluminum upper link and lower link.
- Single recessed grease port on lower link: feeds all for four bearings.
- Collet axle pivots: lock in place without pinch bolts.
- Angular contact bearings on collet pivot axles.
- Full carbon dropouts and disk mounts.
- Co-molded aluminum hardware on frame pivots.
- Carbon ISCG-05 tabs.
- 142 mm rear axle spacing.
- Threaded BB: creak-free riding and easy installation.
We will be bringing you a full bike review soon! The new Bikes are shipping as of today, so check out www.santacruzbicycles.com for more details!
Article: Trev Worsey Photos : Santa Cruz
PS: Readers' Survey 2017 - Give feedback, win awesome prizes: We're giving away an exclusive Trek Slash 2018 in top spec! Click here to take part now!