With the “Trail RS” iXS presents a new helmet that has been developed in cooperation with freeride legend Richie Schley. Its double in-mold construction keeps your head cool with 22 vents and offers extended rear coverage. Thanks to the Ergo Fit Ultra system the “Trail RS” offers a tight fit, and the visor comes with a quickrelease mechanism so it does not break in a crash. Available in four matte colours and weighing just 320 grams, the helmet is EN1078 and CPSC certified.
iXS approached me three years ago to collaborate in a helmet concept and that would be something in between a downhill helmet and a cross country helmet. A helmet that has good coverage, is light weight and still super ventilated. That’s where we came up with the Trail RS.
I ride up, ride down – I kind of do everything. The ultimate deal now days is to have one set up and that would be an all-mountain or enduro set up. Protection is breathable and light weight and you can pedal in all day and you have a helmet that goes exactly with that. It’s completely breathable has good enough coverage so that you feel confident in many situation.
– Richie Schley –
Features & Benefits:
- Full inmould coverage for optimized absorbtion and weight
- Aeration system with 22 large vents and internal air channels
- Adjustable bolt system MX style visor, optimized flexibility and full visual field
- Crash release visor
- Dual-Compound dial adjuster
- Ergo-Fit UltraTM, fully flexible and adjustable retention system
- Dual-Compound head ring for highest comfort and optimized fit
- Dual-Inmould, lower 360° inmould shell to prevent from damage
- Ajustable strap system
- EN1078 & CPSC TUV tested and certified
- SM 54-58cm, ML 58-62cm
Available in store end of September. Check www.ixs-sportsdivision.com for more info.
Words & photos: iXS PR
PS: Readers' Survey 2017 - Give feedback, win awesome prizes: We're giving away an exclusive Trek Slash 2018 in top spec! Click here to take part now!