NICOLAI introduces the new trail-bike NICOLAI SATURN 14. Like all NICOLAI-bikes, it is “Made in Germany”. With short travel and super aggressive geometry, it is supposed to be the perfect all-around fun-bike. You can find all info in the official press release:
Our customers demanded, we designed, and now it is here! The new SATURN 14 is a modern 140mm trail bike with either 27.5” or 29” wheels; the choice is yours. NICOLAI have effortlessly blended the downhill speed of the ‘G13 Geolution’ chassis with the light and agile feel of the SATURN 11 to create an addictively fun bike – perfect for after work rides and all-day epics in the mountains.
- GEOLUTION TRAIL geometry
- 27.5“ und 29“ compatible
- 130/138mm rear travel
- Sizes S-XXL
- Tailormade geometry available
- Complete colour and component customisation
- 5-year warranty, 10-year spare parts availability
- Made in Germany
- Frameset – € 2,499
- Bike builts – from € 6,499
A great bike is the sum of its features combined with its manufacturing processes, which is why so much time was spent on every shape and angle of this bike. From the topology optimised linkage carved out of one hunk of aluminium, fantastic climbing and descending geometry, and we have even made space for a big water bottle cage inside the triangle.
The NICOLAI SATURN 14 in detail
Geometry of the NICOLAI SATURN 14
GEOLUTION is the geometry concept on which all current Nicolai models are based. Over the past three years, NICOLAI has been working with Chris Porter on GEOLUTION. To summarise this for people who have not already heard about the future of bike geometry, we can focus on four main points:
- Longer reach (frame length) means that even the tallest rider can take advantage of modern short stems and wide handlebars without being cramped
- Slacker head angle reduces the risk of ‘over the bars’ crashes, improves front wheel grip and high-speed stability
- Longer wheelbase centralises the rider in the bike to give a more stable ride when climbing and descending
- Steeper seat tube angle makes climbing easier, especially on steep sections by reducing front wheel wander
- The GEOLUTION TRAIL concept is less ‘extreme’ than the geometry found on the G1 enduro bike, but still years ahead of the average cross country racer. Fun, agile, fast, stable; characteristics that will leave you itching to get out for the next ride.
|Seat tube||405 mm||440 mm||455 mm||475 mm||520 mm|
|Top tube||595 mm||626 mm||648 mm||668 mm||693 mm|
|Head tube||110 mm||120 mm||130 mm||140 mm||150 mm|
|Chainstay||446 mm||446 mm||446 mm||446 mm||446 mm|
|BB Drop||27 mm||30 mm||30 mm||30 mm||30 mm|
|Wheelbase||1206 mm||1241 mm||1264 mm||1291 mm||1313 mm|
|Reach||450 mm||480 mm||500 mm||520 mm||540 mm|
|Stack||570 mm||610 mm||618 mm||627 mm||637 mm|
Prices and availability
At NICOLAI the customer is king. The frameset (€ 2,499) and the full build NICOLAI SATURN 14 are customizable in the NICOLAI-configuration-tool. Besides, frame- and decal-colours there is a huge variety of components to stick on the SATURN 14. NICOLAI offers a unique test-ride programme. Where they visit you to ride the SATURN 14 on your home trails with you.
More info at: nicolai-bicycles.com
Words & Photos: NICOLAI PR